Selasa, 01 Juni 2010

Komentar dari pengunjung luar negeri


Saturday, November 29, 2008

They say there are two restaurants you've got to eat at when you're in Bandung. The first one is Kampung Daun, and the other, Pak Chi Met, which I read is famous for its ikan bakar.

And so to Pak Chi Met we went.

The exterior of the restaurant in Jalan Sukajadi actually resembles that of a Chinese temple, because of its roof. Unfortunately I was lured by the aroma of ikan bakar that I forgot to snap a picture of the roof! My bad...

We chose to sit in the open air area otherwise we would end up 'smoked' ourselves. As much as I love eating grilled food, I don't enjoy smelling like one.

Pak Chi Met has got a nice outdoor concept, with a small koi pond and some water feature. It's also got some nice plants at every nook and corner of the restaurant.

This is the combo set of Ikan Bakar and Cumi (grilled fish and squid), and it came with a drink.

Their cumi is really big and grilled to perfection. Not too chewy at all!

Here's a close up of the fish. It is ikan bawal hitam (black pomfret). The fish was really fresh, and well marinated. I think they marinated the fish with their famous kecap manis because it tasted sweet with a hint of spiciness.

My combo set of Ayam Bakar and Cumi (grilled chicken and squid). Frankly, the chicken tasted great (similar marinade with the fish) but it was a tad too small. And I had the breast/wing part, so that was a little difficult to eat, unless I use my hands, not to mention, the lack of meat. In fact, all the chickens I've had (or eaten, less I sound too obscene!) in Bandung were very tiny, as if they were spring chickens. Ok, I know this doesn't sound too good...pun intended :P!

We also ordered a side dish of stir fried pucuk paku (for some strange reasons they call it 'kangkung' in Bandung) although our combo set came with ulam.

The taste - like pucuk paku lar! I still prefer the bidin/midin in East Malaysia.

And here's my favourite part of the meal - the various sambals they had!

The belacan to go with the ulam. This is superb because it's so spicy it made me teared!

Chili padi with some lemon sauce and chopped shallots.

My favourite of all three variety - cili padi with kicap manis! I love their cili padi because it's the super spicy kind. I am salivating just thinking about it.

Lotek itu apa? Like our lontong issit?

Unfortunately I lost the receipt and for the life of me couldn't remember how much the bill was. But I can assure you the price was affordable, as with all restaurants in Bandung.

Do give this place a try!

Carefully whipped and served by Kiersten
in a courtessy of lilmspinkycooks.blogspot.com

1 komentar:

  1. This evening we tried the in jalan Buah Batu, I ordered for "Ikan Kue Jimbaran bakar" and I very disappointed because it just very small fish and is not fresh because the fish is fried and then burn.

    The color is just like mummy. why you called it ikan bakar when it actually fried first. I never eat again in Pal Chi Met all my life.

    BalasHapus